Wednesday, December 30, 2015

My 2016 Resolutions and Challenges

Wednesday, December 30, 2015


I can't believe that 2015 is coming to an end! It feels like yesterday when it's started. Personally, I think 2015 is a good year for me. I read a lot of great books (a survey of it will go live tomorrow!), and do some new things. But right now, we're going to talk about my 2016 resolutions, especially my reading and blogging resolutions. Here is is :

Blogging and Reading Resolutions


  • Interview an Author

Embarrassing, yes, but I've never interviewed an author before. I'm going to try it next year, but up until right now I still didn't know how to ask an author for interview (I mean, do you just send them an email asking for interviews? Or something else?). If you have some tips, feel free to tell me in the comment.




  • Write More Discussion Post

This is why I'm participating in Discussion Challenge!

  • Read Faster

I'm a really slow reader! It could take me 1 week to read 300+ pages! I'll try to read faster next year.

  • Interacting More with the Blogging Community

I've been blogging for a year, but I feel like I haven't made many friends. I don't think I even made a single close friend (I blame my shy personality. Also timezones). That's why, I'm going to interacting more next year!


2016 Challenges

As you guys know, there's a bunch of challenges in 2016! I only participated in Goodreads reading challenge this year, so I'd like to join more challenge next year. Here is it :

1. Goodreads Reading Challenge
Since I fail this year, I'd like to try again next year! Of course, I'll reduce the number of books that I aim for, since next year I'm also going to be a senior and everyone said senior year is the hardest. I'm going to aim for 50 books.

2. Discussion Challenge

Hosted by Shannon @ It Starts at Midnight and Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

If you guys realize, I only write 2 discussion posts this year. It's really pathetic, and that's why I'm going to challenge myself to write more discussion posts next year! Right now, I'm aiming for Discussion Dabbler (1 - 12 posts), but hopefully I could write more.

3. Debut Author Challenge

That Artsy Reader Girl

Hosted by Jana @ That Artsy Reader Girl

The number of debut books that I read this year is also embarrassing (around 5, maybe, and most of them are ARCs). Since debut books are pretty rare here, I'm going to aim for 12 books (so at least I'll read one debut books per month), but hopefully more.

4. Commenting 365 Challenge

hosted by Nori @ ReadWriteLove28

Hopefully, I could discover more blogs through this challenge!

That's it! It's only 4, but that doesn't mean I'm not going to participate in another challenges in the future.

What about you? Do you have any resolutions for 2016? What challenge did you plan to participate in 2016?

14 comments:

  1. I'm with you on reading faster. I blame it in other distractions. I want to read 100 books this year, but I've only managed to reach 50 the previous years (which is still very good!). I really just want to make more friends - like actual close blogger friends. Like I said before I'm 100% open, despite my shyness.

    Ooh I also want to read more debut books - but I'll probably just stick to the Goodreads challenge this year. I definitely plan to do better when it comes to commenting on other people's blogs.

    Awesome post, Tiffany <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. On the other hand, I think I'm going to reduce the number of books that I'm going to read haha xD Yes, hope we both could make some new friends <33 Thanks Kynndra!

      Delete
  2. These are such good book blogging resolutions for 2016! I'm excited for you to one by one reach this awesome goals. They may be sometimes hard to accomplish, due to time constraints and other hindrances, but as long as you're determined and keep on going, you will reach them all. :D

    I'll surely be looking forward for The Bookish Thought's changes and soon accomplishments next year! On a side note, I want to tell you that this coming 2016 I wish you more great books to read and more people to meet! Cheers, Tiffany! Thank you for being part of my blogging life this 2015! ❤

    Fiona | A Girl Between the Pages

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Fiona! <33 I hope we both could accomplish our blogging resolutions next year. Thanks again for the wishes, and you too!:)

      Delete
  3. Nice goals! I want to do more discussion posts as well because I feel like they are a lot of fun. When it comes to interviews, with some authors if you really want to interview them, I would suggest sending them an email, and in other cases, some authors when your blog reaches a certain point will actually begin sending you emails asking you to interview them. If you need more help, I'm here for you. I totally understand the whole lack of book blogger friends thing! I plan on trying to interact more in the community next year as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Discussion post is also made me could interact with other blogger more. Thanks for the help, Sierra! <33

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a lot of challenges DX I feel you on the faster reading, but I think I need to slow down. I skim too much oops.
    These are amazing though! Best of luck to you, I believe in you! 2016 will be AMAZING

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely more than last year haha xD Hopefully I could completed them all :D Thank you!

      Delete
  6. I'm also participating in Commenting 365. It should be fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I'm looking forward to discover more blogs! :)

      Delete
  7. I'm taking part in the Discussion and Commenting challenges as well. I hope it allows me to meet new bloggers and talk about fun things! Best of luck with all of your challenges. As for interviewing authors, I would go with an author whose book you just read and have specific questions for - then yes, email them. A lot of authors have an email on their website and usually more than willing to answer some questions!

    -Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  8. Woo, that's lots of awesome goals and challenges! The only challenge I'm really doing is Sarah (YA Traveler)'s Rock My TBR challenge, which is reading the books on our shelves that's been there collecting dust for who knows how long. (lol. I don't have much but they're pretty much all contemporary.) I can't wait to read your FIRST interview on the blog though! Oooh, that's super exciting. :)) Here's to 2016 be a great year of reading and blogging!

    - Aila @ Happy Indulgence

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so glad you've signed up for the Discussion Challenge. If you feel like you're short on ideas, we always have a few suggestions in the Link-Up post (January's went up on my blog today!).

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete

The Bookish Thought © 2014